The club has successfully gained the following places for members in the Surrey 100 British Cycling Club Challenge.
- 1 Female team (4 riders)
- 1 Male team (4 riders)
- 1 Mixed Team (4 riders)
If you wish to apply for one of the twelve places and take part in one of the UK’s largest sportives, experience the thrill of closed roads or challenge yourself over the 100 miles then simply enter our club ballot.
Email Pru 100 Ballot with your name to enter the ballot by 17:00 on 7th April.
Places will be decided on the following basis.
- Half the club’s allocated places will be drawn first from those that have not previously been allocated a place in the club challenge.
- Remaining places will then be drawn including those wishing to enter again.
- For example if you entered the ballot previously but were not successful, you will be drawn from the first half
All club challenge entrants must
- Be a current member of Ipswich Bicycle Club (join now if you are not).
- NOT already have an individual place in the event through ballot or charity.
- Pay their own entry fee (£58) and complete their own online entry form by 17:00 on 11th If not completed places will automatically be given to a reserve.
- Provide a valid and accessible email for entry information to be sent. This will be sent after 17:00 on 7th
- Be a current British Cycling member, (join now if you are not, Bronze can be free for first year members).
- Provide feedback and photos of the event to the club.
- NOT be an Elite or Category 1 British Cycling Race Licence holder.
- Arrange their own travel and accommodation.
Many club members have enjoyed this event since it started. Starting together is encouraged but Riding as part of a club challenge team does not mean you must ride together for the whole event.