Team Challenge places NOW AVAILABLE in the Ride London Sportive 29th July 2018
The club has successfully gained the following places for members in the 2018 Prudential Ride London-Surrey 100 British Cycling Club Challenge.
1 male team (4 riders)
1 female team (4 riders)
If you wish to apply for one of the eight places and take part in one of the UK’s largest sportives, experience the thrill of closed roads or challenge yourself over the 100 miles then simply enter our club ballot.
Email by clicking >> Ride London 100 Ballot 2018 with your name to enter the ballot by 17:00 on 20th April.
Places will be decided on the following basis.
- Half the club’s allocated places will be drawn first from those that have not previously been allocated a place in the club challenge.
- Remaining places will then be drawn including those wishing to enter again.
For example if you entered the ballot previously but were not successful, you will be drawn from the first half
All club challenge entrants must
- Be a current member of Ipswich Bicycle Club (join now if you are not).
- NOT already have an individual place in the event through ballot or charity.
- Pay their own entry fee (£69) and complete their own online entry form by 17:00 on 20th April. If not completed places will automatically be given to a reserve.
- Provide a valid and accessible email address for entry information to be sent. This will be sent after 17:00 on 20th April.
- Be a current British Cycling member, (join now if you are not, Bronze can be free for first year new members).
- Provide feedback and photos of the event to the club.
- NOT be an Elite or Category 1 British Cycling Race Licence holder.
- Arrange their own travel and accommodation.
Many club members have enjoyed this event since it started. Starting together is encouraged but Riding as part of a club challenge team does not mean you must ride together for the whole event.
For further event information and a look at the Route Map visit Prudential Ride London.
The weather forecast for the the weekend is looking extremely cold and very snowy and after much consideration to both riders and those helping the decision has been made to cancel this weekends road race.
Please spread the word, especially if you know anyone travelling from further afield.
The organisers and committee have been watching the weather reports and sadly had to make this decision. There is just too much ice and snow on the chosen routes and around the HQ.
Discussions are taking place with the hall to see if another date is possible.
Ipswich Bicycle Club
Celebrating 126 years of Cycling in Ipswich
Sunday, 4th March 2018
from Gosbeck Village Community Hall, Helmingham Road, Gosbeck, IP6 9RZ
100 km Route, 4hours riding at 15mph. Leaves at 9am
70 Km Route, 3 hours riding at 14.6mph Leaves at 9:30am
45 Km Route, 2 hours riding at 13.5mph. Leaves at 10am.
Please be prepared for adverse weather. Have spare tubes, a pump and a mobile phone in case of emergency. All rides cost £2.00.
A recent committee meeting was negotiating how we use our corporate membership of Greshams this year and in order to avoid Bank Holiday Monday’s when they are closed and most members are busy doing other things it was decided to move to the first Thursday of every month instead.
This means that the next IBC Social Evening will be Thursday 1st February – this week
The next club social night on Monday 4th December (7.30pm) at Greshams is your first opportunity to renew your club membership for 2018, subs remain the same once again for the coming year.
£20 for Adult/Social
£40 for Family
£15 for Juniors/Students/Retired/Unemployed
£1 for anyone under 12 years of age
Please do come along if you can, it’s much easier for me to renew in person!
Ipswich Bicycle Club
The Hill Climbing season is upon us again, so, as last year, we are heading back to Semer and Watson’s Hill for the 2017 event, followed by the Half Wheel competition just round the corner.
On Saturday October 7th the SSR (Saturday Social Rides) will head over to Semer, so that those who want to have a go can and others can offer support. Anyone arriving early can get a coffee from Hollow Tree Farm nearby.
Registering will be done on the day at the bottom of the hill between 9:45 and 10am when the first rider will start.
As for the Half Wheel this is always a fun chance of a trophy and everyone is in with a chance.
Please note the Sudbury Open is the following weekend (Sunday 15th) so it’s a great chance to test those legs.