Round 6 of the Ipswich and District Time Trial series at Crowfield this week saw the male and female course records beaten by Lloyd Chapman and Verity Smith – great results, so pleased for you both. Full results can be found on http://ipswichdistrictcycleassociation.com/results/
My thanks to everyone who came forward and helped marshall for me again, thus enabling the event to go ahead.
We have another two left up at Crowfield, 16th and 23rd May, and I would appreciate if anyone else could come forward to help, on either or both of these dates please – meet 6 pm at Crowfield Village Hall. You do not need any experience, it isn’t a difficult job and, on the plus side, the forecast next week is much warmer so it’ll be a lovely evening to top up those Vitamin D levels! Please let me know below if you can help or PM me.
Jane de Boltz – email@example.com
Ipswich Bicycle Club will be starting its Spring and Summer Coached Road Training (which are open to all) on Saturday 6th May, at RAF Woodbridge Airfield Otley Road, Sutton, Woodbridge, Suffolk, IP12 3TN.
RAF Woodbridge is a very exciting venue and the site has been used previously for Road Circuit Racing by local cycle clubs.
This site offers an excellent opportunity for some great race training ahead of local Crit Racing.
This seasons dates at RAF Woodbridge are –
(Jul 29th – Cancelled)
The session will run from 10am-12noon for riders aged 7yrs+ incorporating Adults too.
Club membership is not essential but you are always welcome to join.
Important – Please arrive no later than 9.40am and congregate at the end of Otley Road.
Vehicles will then move round and park up at the yellow square shown on the map.The gate will be shut behind us once we enter the airfield due to site security.
If you are going to attend please could you drop a quick email or text to firstname.lastname@example.org 07880 601396 letting us know.
Don‘t forget your bicycle (in full working order), helmet, drink, £3.00 per rider and appropriate clothing for the weather.
Sessions are aimed at the road discipline so road bikes or cyclo-cross bikes with road tyres are most suitable.
If there are high winds on the day sessions may be cancelled. Please phone to check.
Team Challenge places NOW AVAILABLE in the Prudential Ride London 30th July 2017
The club has successfully gained the following places for members in the Surrey 100 British Cycling Club Challenge.
• 1 Female team (4 riders)
• 1 Male team (4 riders)
If you wish to apply for one of the eight places and take part in one of the UK’s largest sportives, experience the thrill of closed roads or challenge yourself over the 100 miles then simply enter our club ballot.
Email by clicking >> Pru 100 Ballot 2017 with your name to enter the ballot by 17:00 on 14th April.
Places will be decided on the following basis.
• Half the club’s allocated places will be drawn first from those that have not previously been allocated a place in the club challenge.
• Remaining places will then be drawn including those wishing to enter again.
For example if you entered the ballot previously but were not successful, you will be drawn from the first half
All club challenge entrants must
• Be a current member of Ipswich Bicycle Club (join now if you are not).
• NOT already have an individual place in the event through ballot or charity.
• Pay their own entry fee (£69) and complete their own online entry form by 17:00 on 21st April. If not completed places will automatically be given to a reserve.
• Provide a valid and accessible email address for entry information to be sent. This will be sent after 17:00 on 14th April.
• Be a current British Cycling member, (join now if you are not, Bronze can be free for first year new members).
• Provide feedback and photos of the event to the club.
• NOT be an Elite or Category 1 British Cycling Race Licence holder.
• Arrange their own travel and accommodation.
Many club members have enjoyed this event since it started. Starting together is encouraged but Riding as part of a club challenge team does not mean you must ride together for the whole event.
Ipswich Bicycle Club
Celebrating 125 years of
Cycling in Ipswich
Sunday, 5th March 2017
from Gosbeck Village Community Hall
Helmingham Road, Gosbeck, IP6 9RZ
All rides cost £1.25 payable at the start
Refreshments available at the finish
Gps/x routes at 2017 Reliability Ride routes
(note the 125Km is gps only. No Map.)
Ladies and Gentlemen
The closing date is approaching for you to buy tickets for the 125th annual awards dinner.
Closing date Friday 10th Feb. 1700.
The dinner and presentation is set to be a brilliant evening, with the chance to win a bike.
There are many ways and options to pay.
1. Cash in a envelope with names and menu choices to Elmy Cycles .
2. Cheque in a envelope with names and menu choices to Elmy Cycles. (Made payable to Ipswich Bicycle Club )
3. Bank transfer email or DM me if you wish to do this.
4. Pay me on Sunday 29th Feb at the Dove Street Inn as I’m attending the cyclo cross end of season drinks.
5. Pay on Monday 6th Feb at IBC social.
6. Cash/ cheque in envelope with names and menu choices to 15 Holman court, Ipswich, IP2 0ES.
So come and support your club and mingle with people from all disciplines.
If you have not paid by the 10th you will have missed your chance.
Please see poster with details.
As you know, every First Monday Monthly should be in your calendar as the IBC Monday Social and the next one is special, it is a great opportunity to renew your membership early.
As your Chairman, Paul Rippon, said at the AGM, 2017 is the Club’s 125th anniversary and early renewal will still run to 31 Dec 2017 as usual. There is no price increase as he also explained. The key thing is we are celebrating with additional commemorative membership gifts that you can only collect via this event.
As usual, it is in The Ven Yew Room at Greshams, from 7:30pm onwards – this next Monday 5 December – let’s make it an occasion!
You can pay online via the British Cycling web page as usual from now on or save yourself the £1 admin charge and pay by cash/cheque straight to the Club at this event. There will be committee members available to check that your details are up to date for Club records – e.g. a recent check indicated that 1/4 of members did not have a next of kin recorded.
Meet your new Membership Secretary, Mike Kingshott, and other committee members will be available for advice and information or just a chance to meet. Use our Corporate membership prices at the bar and in the restaurant by making it clear to Greshams staff that you are a corporate member. Try on, buy and order Club kit and leisurewear. (As per usual for all Club Socials!)
More details will be sent to you about other Monday Socials nearer the time, including one that will be an EGM to discuss proposals about financial planning changes and one that could not be voted upon at the AGM.
The Committee look forward to seeing you there!