Following the Club’s application into the 2020 Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 Club Challenge on Sunday 16 August, IBC has been successfully awarded 1 x Male (4 riders) and 1 x Mixed team (4 riders with at least 1 male or 1 female).
If you wish to apply for one of the 8 places and take part in one of the UK’s largest sportives, experience the thrill of closed roads or challenge yourself over the 100 miles then simply enter our club ballot.
Email by clicking >> Pru 100 Ballot 2020 with your name to enter the ballot by 17:00 on 29th May.
Places will be decided on the following basis.
• Half the club’s allocated places will be drawn first from those that have not previously been allocated a place in the club challenge.
• Remaining places will then be drawn including those wishing to enter again.
For example if you entered the ballot previously but were not successful, you will be drawn from the first half
All club challenge entrants must
• Be a current member of Ipswich Bicycle Club (join now if you are not).
• NOT already have an individual place in the event through ballot or charity.
• Pay their own entry fee (£79) and complete their own online entry form by 17:00 on 12th June. If not incomplete places will automatically be given to a reserve.
• Provide a valid and accessible email address for entry information to be sent. This will be sent after 17:00 on 31st May.
• Be a current British Cycling member, (join now if you are not).
• Provide feedback and photos of the event to the club.
• NOT be an Elite or Category 1 British Cycling Race Licence holder.
• Arrange their own travel and accommodation.
Many club members have enjoyed this event since it started. Starting together is encouraged but Riding as part of a club challenge team does not mean you must ride together for the whole event.