Ipswich Bicycle Club has been successful in gaining team places in this fantastic event on August 10th. The iconic 100 mile sportive takes in some historic London landmarks and areas used by the Olympic Road Race in 2012, all on closed roads. Club members that rode this last year reported it was one of the best events they had ever participated in. Reports also stated that it didn’t feel like 100 miles when gutting pulled along by the riders and cheered by the crowds.
Ipswich Bicycle Club Allocation
- 1 Male team (4 riders)
- 1 Female team (4 riders)
- 1 mixed team (2 male & 2 female)
To apply for 1 of the 12 club places available simply email, phone, text or Facebook message Matt Kerr by no later than 5pm on Tuesday 6th May. Please give your name and a preferably an email address.
Successful applicants will be drawn from an impartial ballot on 7th May and then given the specific online entry link to complete by 5pm 9th May.
Each rider within the team must pay their own entry fee (£48) and complete their own online entry form.
All riders in the team must have completed and paid for their entry by 5pm on the 9 May 2014or the team will lose its place. This date will not be extended under any circumstances.
We understand that team places will undertake the event alongside ballot entries and that you need not ride together on the day.
- Applicants must be current members of Ipswich Bicycle Club (1 place per member)
- Minimum rider age of 18yrs.
- Every rider in a team must be a current British Cycling member. (Purchase a minimum of BC Bronze membership online – £20)
- Riders who hold an Elite or Category 1 British Cycling Race Licence are not eligible to enter the Club Challenge.
- Riders who have already secured an individual place through the original entry ballot or a charity place are not eligible to enter the Club Challenge.