The next club social night on Monday 4th December (7.30pm) at Greshams is your first opportunity to renew your club membership for 2018, subs remain the same once again for the coming year.
£20 for Adult/Social
£40 for Family
£15 for Juniors/Students/Retired/Unemployed
£1 for anyone under 12 years of age
Please do come along if you can, it’s much easier for me to renew in person!
Ipswich Bicycle Club
The Hill Climbing season is upon us again, so, as last year, we are heading back to Semer and Watson’s Hill for the 2017 event, followed by the Half Wheel competition just round the corner.
On Saturday October 7th the SSR (Saturday Social Rides) will head over to Semer, so that those who want to have a go can and others can offer support. Anyone arriving early can get a coffee from Hollow Tree Farm nearby.
Registering will be done on the day at the bottom of the hill between 9:45 and 10am when the first rider will start.
As for the Half Wheel this is always a fun chance of a trophy and everyone is in with a chance.
Please note the Sudbury Open is the following weekend (Sunday 15th) so it’s a great chance to test those legs.
Next weeks ride will be to Thorpeness Meare Cafe as a few people have requested it.
I am going to bring the start time forward to 08:30 as it is a slightly longer ride.
Long range weather forecast is for sun sun and a bit more sun.
Les will be master of ceremonies on the day as I am moving house.
Slightly different SSR as we have Two routes this weekend.
0830 start from Northgate to Maglia Rosso. Roughly about 56 miles
0900 start from Northgate to Corncraft. Roughly about 36 miles.
Weather forecast at this early stage is reasonable.
Any issues or problems please get in touch by smoke signal.
Round 6 of the Ipswich and District Time Trial series at Crowfield this week saw the male and female course records beaten by Lloyd Chapman and Verity Smith – great results, so pleased for you both. Full results can be found on http://ipswichdistrictcycleassociation.com/results/
My thanks to everyone who came forward and helped marshall for me again, thus enabling the event to go ahead.
We have another two left up at Crowfield, 16th and 23rd May, and I would appreciate if anyone else could come forward to help, on either or both of these dates please – meet 6 pm at Crowfield Village Hall. You do not need any experience, it isn’t a difficult job and, on the plus side, the forecast next week is much warmer so it’ll be a lovely evening to top up those Vitamin D levels! Please let me know below if you can help or PM me.
Jane de Boltz – email@example.com
Team Challenge places NOW AVAILABLE in the Prudential Ride London 30th July 2017
The club has successfully gained the following places for members in the Surrey 100 British Cycling Club Challenge.
• 1 Female team (4 riders)
• 1 Male team (4 riders)
If you wish to apply for one of the eight places and take part in one of the UK’s largest sportives, experience the thrill of closed roads or challenge yourself over the 100 miles then simply enter our club ballot.
Email by clicking >> Pru 100 Ballot 2017 with your name to enter the ballot by 17:00 on 14th April.
Places will be decided on the following basis.
• Half the club’s allocated places will be drawn first from those that have not previously been allocated a place in the club challenge.
• Remaining places will then be drawn including those wishing to enter again.
For example if you entered the ballot previously but were not successful, you will be drawn from the first half
All club challenge entrants must
• Be a current member of Ipswich Bicycle Club (join now if you are not).
• NOT already have an individual place in the event through ballot or charity.
• Pay their own entry fee (£69) and complete their own online entry form by 17:00 on 21st April. If not completed places will automatically be given to a reserve.
• Provide a valid and accessible email address for entry information to be sent. This will be sent after 17:00 on 14th April.
• Be a current British Cycling member, (join now if you are not, Bronze can be free for first year new members).
• Provide feedback and photos of the event to the club.
• NOT be an Elite or Category 1 British Cycling Race Licence holder.
• Arrange their own travel and accommodation.
Many club members have enjoyed this event since it started. Starting together is encouraged but Riding as part of a club challenge team does not mean you must ride together for the whole event.
For further event information and a look at the Route Map visit Prudential Ride London.